Community organizations have always been important to me so I find that much of my time is given to volunteering since retiring from USDA. Conserving our natural resources is my passion so future generations can drink clean water and enjoy fishing, hiking and hunting as I always have.
Here are some organizations I feel tie in with my leadership of the Community Development Committee:
- Steering Committee, St. Croix Master Watershed Pilot Program
- Board of Directors, Great River Road Visitors Center at Freedom Park, Prescott WI
- Chairman, Upper Willow River Rehabilitation District
- Board Member, Sportsman’s Alliance of St. Croix County
- Member, Friends of the St. Croix Management District
- Member, New Richmond Pathways Committee
- Served on the New Richmond Comprehensive Planning Group known as CAP
- Volunteer with VFW post 10818 in fundraising efforts
My favorite all time activity is volunteering at Star Elementary School, along with my daughter, when they have their Advanced Reading incentive called the AR Store.